Saturday, June 28, 2008

Crab.......Yummm!!!!!!!!!!!


Last time we went grocery shopping Zoe requested fish. She really hasn't eaten alot of seafood in the past because Dan doesn't like it and I didn't figure the kids would really like it either and I dont' want to cook if just for me. I usually get my seafood intake when we eat out or at my parents house. But Zoe was craving fish apparently. Well when we got to the grocery store and went to pick out which fish to get she spotted the King Crab Legs and was sold. Of course it is the most expensive seafood in the box and that is what she wanted. (She takes after her momma, I have expensive taste which is really not a good thing, especially on a student budget.) She has had crab once before at my parents house and she actually liked it and obviously remembered how yummy and exciting it was to eat. We didn't want her to get used to the idea of having crab on a regular basis because $13 a lb. is too expensive to eat very often. So we told her she could get it for her special birthday dinner. She was so excited and carried her crab leg around the store while we finished our shopping. Well the girl downed the whole pound of crab all by herself. It was so cute though because everytime she took a bite she would close her eyes and say mmmm. She totally savored every piece and thought it was the best treat ever. What have we done?

2 comments:

Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...

You know, Fiel has been a fan of sea food lately. Ever since we made some steak and shrimp she's been asking for shrimp every-time we go to the grocery store. We've got expensive taste also, and you're right, it isn't a good thing.

Brinton and Becky.

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't think sweet Zoe loved Crab Legs. Papa Bob is proud of her for that. He misses the fish from Alaska, all of it. My favorite is Halibut and Lobster. We will have to take her to Red lobster eh? she is so beautiful in this picture, I love her hair. Give love and hugs...love, Grammy