Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kids Interpretations?

So lately Zoe has been getting a little sassy. When she talks back to me (usually telling me "no' when I tell her to do something) I tell her not to sass me. Well yesterday we were at speech and she wasn't listening to her speech teacher very well. We have had issues with her being good at speech in the past, she really struggled with it for about the first month. However the last month has gone really well, but yesterday she regressed a little. So when we got in the car I told her that she was going to lose a privilege for not listening, and this is how the conversation unfolded:

Mom: "Zoe, I have to take your new teaset away because you made a bad choice and didn't listen to Jill (her speech teacher). "
Zoe: "NOOO,(in a pleading voice) please can I have it? It's mine! "
Mom: "No, you have to earn it back by being good next time you go to speech. "
Zoe: "PLeeaase can I have it? "
Mom: "No! "
Zoe: "Mom don't sass me! "
Me: "Excuse me? "
Zoe: "Mom, Please don't sass me? "

We'll have to keep working on that one!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey Girl-
I am so glad you commented. It is so good to "see" you and your family. It is amazing how fast you can loose touch with people. Blogs are great for that, so I hope you don't mind if I peek in on your life now that I know the address!!!
It sounds like you guys are having a good time!
You got to love the way kids pick up what you say and tell them. How cute:)
Leslie

Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...

I love the things four year olds come up with. At least she ended by asking please

Gull Family said...

Hi I'm Tiffini the one who was designing your blog, I'm not sure if Tracey has given you your files or not. The email she had given me didn't work, so I had sent them to her. If you have and question feel free to leave a post on my blog. Just so you didn't think I had forgotten you. :)

Gull Family said...

Sorry I was on my mom's blog. Mine is koryandtiffinihowardfamily.blogspot.com
Tiffini

Amber said...

Zoe is too funny..those are the moments that keep me going as a mom, kids are tooo cute. i hear you guys are busy in school. Zoe is in prek on campus and you are in school! how fun! that's great you get to stay in shoreline for longer. we are jealous :) hope all is well!

Amber said...

you make me feel better.. when i see the last time you updated your blog... i'm getting slack on it myself! i heard you had the kids first sleepover at your house.. you are such a sweet mom... that sounds like lots of fun..